Everything You Need To Know About Email Wedding Invitations
Wedding invitations are very important for people getting married. You would want to have the most important people in your life to be there and celebrate with you and the proper way to make that happen is to cordially invite them to witness your union.
What makes modern weddings very interesting is the vastness of options available when it comes to the details of the event. For instance, instead of sending out hundreds of invites in the mail, you can opt for email wedding invitations instead.
The internet has offered so many wonderful things that people, particularly those who are getting married, can take advantage of. However, using email invitations poses a lot of questions and doubts especially with regard etiquette and class.
The Pros of email wedding invitations
1. They are a real money saver. If you are planning a wedding on a shoestring budget, you would want to go with this option because hundreds of dollars can be saved which you can use for other things.
2. It makes things easier for guests who are online a lot. It will be convenient for them to answer and it is very easy to keep track of the responses as well.
3. All invites can be sent with one click. You have the option of sending a mass email invites or if you want it to be more personal, you can also send it individually. Either way, you will save a lot of time.
4. You can include instructions such as directions to the wedding location if you choose one that is not very familiar to a lot of people.
5. You can lay out pertinent details of the wedding that you would otherwise need to answer by phone. This way, most possible questions can be answered.
The Cons of email wedding invitations
1. Compilation of email addresses can prove to be daunting, not to mention arbitrary. Some people have multiple email addresses and they sometimes only check one or two of them. This means that there is a possibility of not being able to extend an invite to someone because you have only one address on hand.
2. Email invites seem too informal especially when you are inviting people who are of high social standing. Etiquette is highly suspect when this method of invitation is used.
3. You run the risk of looking cheap and classless. You have to face the possibility that some people are just too judgmental even if they are your friends or family.
Whether you end up using email wedding invitations or not, the point is to be aware of what your choices are and base your decision according to what will be in your best interest.