Christmas Wedding – Ideas That Will Make You Merry
Getting married during winter seems crazy enough for other couple, but a Christmas wedding? This seems inconceivable for most people but there are those that prefer to celebrate the most important day of their lives in line with the Yuletide season.
A Christmas wedding might not be very easy to plan especially considering the fact that it right smack dabbed in the middle of the holiday season when people are far too busy to be attending other people’s parties. However, if you are dead set on this choice of theme, you might as well make it the best day of your life.
The essentials for Christmas weddings:
- The attire of the whole entourage must be well accented by the season’s colors. Green, red, and gold are classic hues. However, when it comes to the bride and groom, classic white gown and a tux will be well accepted.
- The food to be served at the reception should be festive and quite stuffing as people are in the mood in letting themselves go as per tradition during holiday when counting calories is forgotten.
- Wedding decor must be reminiscent of a true Christmas holiday. You owe it to your guests to give them a nice traditional Yuletide-like gathering especially since they have foregone their own family gatherings in favour of attending your nuptial.
- Giveaways have to be wrapped like gifts. You chose this day to be your wedding day so you might as well be Mr. And Mrs. Saint Nick as well.
- Overflowing booze. Granted, it would not be appropriate to serve eggnog at a wedding reception but guests will still be expecting liquor. You can opt for a vodka bar or a champagne fountain. Either way, there has to be enough alcohol to induce merriment.
One of the major concerns that you should address first is securing the venue for your wedding. Churches might not be that hard to book but the reception halls will certainly be hard to come by since there are millions of people who are celebrating Christmas and are likely to rent a space for their parties as well. In any case, just make sure that you will book a venue at least 9 months or so ahead so you will not encounter any problems as the wedding date approaches. Opt for a place that is not usually booked for Christmas parties or large scale events.
No related posts.